Sunday, April 15, 2012

Having fun in the Dark



Well it has been way too long since I have posted anything.  Not really sure why it has taken me this long but better late than never.



Erin and I have had a crazy month traveling back and forth from coast to coast.  We drove from Florida to California, I drove up to Wyoming for 2 weeks to work at the ranch.  After all of that we finally emptied our storage unit in California and packed it up into a huge 24 foot moving truck to once again drive across the united states.  I can not begin to count the number of miles I have driven this year and they just keep rolling bye.



Anywho we made a detour on this last trip to Carlsbad caverns.  I had always wanted to go and heard some really cool stories from people who had been.  All I can say is that it was amazing.  750ft deep under the earth lies formations of stalactites and stalagmites.  It reminds me alot of a coral reef and aren't really too different when you think about it. There is a 3 mile trail through out the cave that takes you around to each of the formations where they are artificially illuminated with tungsten bulbs, very nice addition of color if you are a photographer.  It was a great trip and I plan to go back again when I can get a private tour with some park rangers of some of the more remote caves, which I hear are spectacular.



Thats all for now more to come later this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment