Sunday, April 17, 2011

Airplane Graveyard



Erin and I took a weekend off and boy did we have fun.  We went on a little adventure to an airplane graveyard.  It's located just outside of Greybull, WY, which is about 50 miles from Cody.  We left early in the morning from the ranch to ensure we got a table at Our Place.  Our Place is quaint, great simple food, its also filled with mismatched tables and chairs, and is a cash only establishment that's a big hit with all the locals, so much so that if you are not there by 830 chances are you will wait a half hour before you even get a table.

So, off we went to the airplane graveyard.  I'm not really sure what it is about airplane graveyards but they are ALWAYS impossible to get in to. Well, this graveyard to WW2 flying machines was no different! Multiple fences and locals with shotguns are a pretty good deterrent. No one at the museum to give a tour.  So Erin and I trespassed a little bit. We went in an open fence and took photos of the planes that were in front of the airport about 7 of them.  I'm not giving up yet.  I will get into the field sometime this summer to get some more shots.  I could see old B52's, C130's, and some smaller fighter planes which I thought were part of the P series of planes.  I'll keep digging deeper to find an in to the graveyard.

We also went to Big horn National Forest, but that will come tomorrow.  Those images aren't quite ready just yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment